Strictly Come Dancing 2023 fans had made a pretty brutal prediction about Giovanni Pernice ahead of this year’s series.
Strictly said in a statement: “Amanda Abbington is unable to continue in Strictly Come Dancing and has decided to withdraw from the competition. The show wishes her all the best for the future.”
But when the show launched last month, fans had predicted that Giovanni and Amanda would be out early…
Strictly 2023 fans’ prediction over Giovanni Pernice
Over the last few weeks, Giovanni and Amanda have performed a string of dances. Some viewers branded them their winners.
However, on Friday (October 20), it was confirmed that Amanda wouldn’t be dancing on Saturday night (October 21). At the time, Strictly said Amanda wouldn’t be dancing “due to medical reasons”.
Then on Monday (October 23), Strictly confirmed that Amanda has withdrawn from the competition.
View this post on Instagram
Strictly 2023 fans not happy
But before this year’s series began last month, fans predicted that Giovanni and Amanda wouldn’t last long in the competition.
Over on X, formerly known as Twitter, one person fumed last month: “I don’t see Giovanni lasting too long this series either.”
Echoing their thoughts, someone else penned: “Sorry to Giovanni fans, but I can’t see him lasting long with the partner he has…”
A third chimed in and penned: “She better not be [bleep] and make Giovanni leave early.”
Amanda Strictly backlash
Earlier this year, Amanda faced some backlash after speaking out against a person dancing in boots and bondage harness.
Writing about it in March, Amanda tweeted: “I lost quite a few followers for saying that a semi-naked man in thigh high boots dancing in a highly sexualised way shouldn’t be performing in front of babies and it tells me everything I need to know about where society is heading. How do you not agree with me on this?”
Amanda responds to backlash
After some Strictly fans claimed they would boycott Strictly due to Amanda, the star took to Instagram to clear her name.
She said: “I’m not a hateful person, I support the trans community and I also support women’s rights. So sorry if you feel you have to boycott Strictly for a tweet I made about a drag show but I don’t think 12 year olds should be doing overly sexualised drag acts.”
So what do you think of this story? You can leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know.