Janette Manrara has landed her first new role since leaving Strictly: It Takes Two. The dancer and presenter will join the cast of Affluenza for its world premiere in London.
The stage job follows Janette’s Strictly exit after 14 years with the franchise. She spent five years co-hosting the BBC Two companion programme before confirming that she was no longer part of It Takes Two or the main show.
View this post on Instagram
Janette Manrara joins Affluenza at Riverside Studios
Janette shared her career news with followers on Instagram. She posted an image of the play’s promotional artwork alongside an excited announcement.
“I can finally say that I will be joining the cast of the world premiere of AFFLUENZA at Riverside Studios in London,” she wrote.
The star explained that the role will allow her to explore a different form of performance. She added: “I have always loved telling stories — through dance, movement and presenting.
“Now, I get to tell one in a whole new way… and this one is a conversation starter.
“New chapter. New challenges. Excited for what’s to come.”
The play is billed as being inspired by true events and is said to explore “the ripple effects of power and privilege”.
The limited eight-week run begins at Riverside Studios on September 26. It continues until November 21.
Fans quickly congratulated Janette beneath her Instagram announcement. One person responded: “Yes yes yes! Bloody brilliant.”
Another follower called the news amazing and praised Janette’s star quality.
Strictly exit opened door to new projects
The Sun reported earlier this year that Janette and Fleur East had lost their It Takes Two roles during an overhaul. Ellie Taylor has since been announced as the new It Takes Two host.
Janette discussed the scale of her career change on her YouTube channel in June. She said: “Strictly Come Dancing has changed hugely and I am no longer a part of It Takes Two or the main show.
“I’ll still be involved in other ways.
“But, that just means that I’m free to pursue and do many other projects that I’ve always wanted to do and never really thought about doing.”
The presenter also acknowledged how unfamiliar life beyond the programme felt after such a long association with it.
“Strictly is all I’ve known for the past 14 years so it is a bit like, ‘Oh, we’re going into a different world, a different space, how are we going to navigate that?'” she said.
Janette later summed up the transition by telling viewers: “I’m making a huge shift in my career.”
Read more: Aljaz Skorjanec and Janette Manrara ‘blessed’ as they share emotional family update
What do you think of this story? Then you can leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know.